Spot the differences
This is a digital adaptation of the classic paper-form observation game.
In this version the user has to identify 11 differences between the two pictures. If a correct difference is selected then a green smiley face appears. But if an incorrect object is selected then a life is lost. If all lives are lost the screen changes offering a chance to start again or to reveal the difference.
On the solution screen, each difference is marked by a red circle and hovering over it reveals an explanation.
This demonstration is only really suitable for a large screen of at least desktop size because there is no zoom function.
Enhancements could include:
- introducing time pressure.
- recording the number of correct answers.
Lessons learned from the feedback I have received from the Articulate ELearning Heroes community:
- Include a zoom because this is difficult to see even on a large screen.
- Indicate the difficulty level (this is definitely at the harder end of the spectrum).
- Indicate which image has the differences tracked. In this instance the differences are recorded on the right image. Clicking on the left image will neither mark a correct change nor deduct an attempt.